iNaturalist Photo Guide
A great new resource is now available to help you help others in the naturalist community identify your observations on the iNaturalist platform.
Check it out for tips, tricks, and guides to help you get your sightings identified!
For more on how to contribute to both the Biodiversity Galiano and BC Parks iNaturalist project:
- Create an account on iNaturalist.ca and read through their Getting Started Guide
- Make an observation in a BC provincial park or protected area – whether you’re using a mobile phone or a digital camera, please ensure the GPS location services are turned on
- Upload your observation through the iNaturalist mobile app or web-based platform
- If observed within any of BC’s protected areas, your observation will be automatically uploaded to the BC Parks project
- If you wish to add your observations to Biodiversity Galiano, please join the project and add your observations directly to this project when you upload! See the tutorial on this page to learn more.